ST. TAMMANY HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
Mission and Vision
Keeping St. Tammany Parish Hospital Healthy
Keeps Our Community Healthy
The St. Tammany Hospital Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, was established to sustain the healing work of the physicians and staff of St. Tammany Parish Hospital. Through the development of philanthropic support, the Foundation seeks to fortify the promise to provide world-class healthcare…close to home, now and for generations to come.
Founded in 2003 by a volunteer group of community leaders who recognized that for the Hospital to achieve its goals of excellence, it must receive support above and beyond that provided by direct patient services, the Foundation exists to provide a comprehensive program of fund development to supplement, enhance and enrich the programs, facilities and services of STPH.
The Foundation raises funds through a variety of ways including corporate partnerships and major gifts, planned giving, bequests and charitable gift annuities, tribute gifts and general donations and an annual support program consisting of special events, an Employee Campaign and Year-End Direct Mail campaign. In doing so, the Foundation impacts the healthcare and well-being of the entire Northshore community.
Did You Know?
- The Hospital is a self-supporting, not-for-profit community hospital and receives no tax funding.
- All operating gains are reinvested in the organization for the improvement of facilities, equipment and services for the benefit of our patients.
- The Foundation’s only customer is St. Tammany Parish Hospital.
- More than half of all gifts to the Foundation come from generous and supportive individuals…Hospital employees, grateful patients and their families. In addition, the Foundation receives gifts from businesses, corporations and foundations from the Northshore, and throughout Louisiana and the Southeast.
- Fully 100% of your gift is used to fund the programs, equipment and facilities at STPH.
- Foundation gifts are donor-driven. Your gift may be designated for a particular department, program, facility, piece of equipment or endowment. However, unrestricted gifts allow the funds to be used where the need is greatest.