Purchase a ticket for a chance to win this year’s Raffle House.
The beautiful, partially furnished home, features 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths designed by Piazza Architecture Planning. Valued at $600,000, with 2 stories and almost 2,700 square feet of living space, this home could be yours for only $100 (plus taxes). Other valuable prizes will also be given away, $2,500 in cash.
Habitat for Humanity St. Tammany West (HFHSTW) is dedicated to eliminating poverty housing by building simple, decent and affordable housing. Since HFHSTW was founded in 1981 as the tenth Habitat affiliate in the U.S. and the first in Louisiana, 228 new home construction projects have been completed with local families.
Habitat offers a hand up, not a hand out to our homebuyers.
- Pay monthly mortgage payments
- Put in 300-400 hours of “sweat equity” construction hours
- Attend homeowner education classes. By learning the tools for success, homeowners develop a sense of pride and empowerment.
In addition to building stronger families, we contribute to a stronger community.
- Working families are able to live closer to where they are employed
- Building materials are purchased through local vendors for construction
- Both out of state and local volunteers work side by side with volunteers and homebuyers to reduce cost of construction and create strong community ties
- Homeowner participation in construction increases neighborhood stability and civic pride
- Construction funding comes from grants, individuals, companies, churches, special events, mortgage payments and the Habitat ReStore.
In 2013, HFHSTW designated STHBA Raffle House funds toward construction of the Allen family home. Ms. Allen will soon be able to purchase a home closer to Ochsner, where she works, and her sons day care. In 2014, we will once again use funds to purchase building materials and partner with local working families.